20110510

Umm... I didn't order that~

I had dinner with some friends and coworkers this evening.  Went to a pizza joint.  To be perfectly honest, I don't know why people like this place so much.  I think the food is... ahem... *just so-so*, and there's something every time that comes invariably fucked up.

This time, our little surprise was in the form of a tiny-ass cup of coconut pudding.

When it came to our table, we all stared at it in bewilderment...  "Er... what the fuck is this terrible affront to my visual aesthetic that has graced our table, and where in the nine hells is my pizza?"

It was taken away.

When we went to get the bill squared up, I explained that we didn't order it.  The waiter said, "Uh.. okay, I'll cancel it, then."  He told us to sit down.

Why the fuck do we need to sit down?  Can't you just cancel the damn thing?

Apparently not.

He brought a waitress over.  She brought another waitress over.  And she brought the manager over.  The manager started flipping through the menu.

Apparently, according to a coworker, they told us the new bill.  I didn't hear it.  Neither did another friend of mine.

Put off by the quality of the experience, being told to sit, and that abomination of coconut pudding--I jumped up and got a little cross.  "We didn't order that item!  We didn't eat it!  Look at the table!  It's cup isn't there!~~"

They said something.  Then, the original waiter said "I canceled it" and he put the bill in front of me with the new total.

Maybe I lost face.  Maybe my anger wasn't deserved, especially if they did quote the new price before I flew off the handle.  But I didn't hear them.  All I saw was a fuck-up-pile-up clusterbomb from fucksville, and I wanted it taken care of.  I'm tired of settling for shit, especially now since miscommunication shouldn't be a goddamn issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment